Are you a Senior Project Manager or Conference Manager with Associations Experience? If so an exciting opportunity has arisen within Rapiergroup to join our friendly and supportive team
Overseeing the delivery of conference and event projects, you will be managing project teams and liaising with the wider company resources and supporting with sales and strategic decision making. Your role will also include:
- End-to-end programme management, including venue, catering, accommodation, social functions, logistics, audio visual, exhibition and management of all 3rd party suppliers
- Development and fulfilment of promotional and marketing campaigns
- Overseeing the online registration of delegate bookings
- Responsibility for driving sponsorship and exhibition sales and fundraising
- Management of speakers and delivery of speaker requirements
- Understanding the abstract submission process and overseeing the management throughout
- Regular client contact and ensuring the client is kept fully abreast of project progress at all times. Includes preparation for/attendance at client meetings and teleconferences.
- Direct liaison with the conference committee on all aspects of the project
- Ensuring client projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Proposal planning, researching and writing as required, demonstrating a questioning approach to ensure that the Group is delivering a point of difference at every opportunity, suggesting programme and format innovations that help increase the value of client projects
- Managing client projects to agreed specifications and proactively maintaining control over projects to ensure that scope and finance creep are anticipated and managed in order to maintain profit margins.
- Keeping a proactive and solutions-driven eye on all deliverables, seeking the most cost-effective solutions and suitable contractors.
- Reviewing and challenging the supplier base in order to ensure that our partners are matched in terms of capability, value, creativity and quality.
- Delivering and managing client projects onsite and undertake any other travel where necessary.
- Conducting regular internal project meetings to ensure all stakeholders are fully aware of roles, responsibilities and deadlines within each project.
- Overseeing project support and on-site staff ensuring they are fully briefed, their work is checked and work is completed on time and to the standards expected by Group.
- Ensuring resourcing within projects is appropriate at all times
- Advising on commercial strategy to achieve clients’ objectives on a project by project basis
- Budget preparation, ongoing management, reconciliation and closure.
- Full financial responsibility and accountability for allocated programs/projects.
As well as a great sense of humor and a willingness to get stuck in you will also have the following qualities:
- Commercial awareness and understanding
- Open mindedness and fairness
- Project management skills
- Budget management skills
- Ability to effectively manage a team
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
Working at Rapiergroup, everyone in the team is trusted and empowered to be brilliant – because when people are free to give their best and treated as individuals, we all benefit.
The successful candidate can expect:
· A competitive salary
· 25 days annual leave
· Life Assurance